Materials You Will Need
1. Approx. 10 board feet of 5/4 hardwood lumber 9 inches wide. (planed to 1 1/16 inch)
2. 4 dowels - 36 inches long by 3/8 inch diameter. (hickory, maple, oak, birch)
Most of these will be cut to 2 1/4 inches in length.
3. 1 walnut dowel - 9 inches long by 3/4 inch diameter. A dark colored (walnut) handle will show fewer handprints.
4. 1 dowel - 6 inches long by 1/4 inch diameter, any species.
5. 20 feet of jute macrame fiber for the tail.
6. 2 oz. of walnut oil.
7. 4 oz. wood glue. - Titebond or Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue.
It was indeed a small shop, and crowded. There was little chance to organize the work areas ... Still some surprisingly complicated pieces of furniture were made in meager surrounding like this. One man admitted that when he had a board longer than eight feet, he had to carry it out into the yard to turn it around! Yet the same board turned up finally as part of a dovetailed hope chest for one of his marriageable daughters.
"Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do
The maker of this rocking horse modified the horse's head a bit.
John Michael Linck - Toymaker
2618 Van Hise Avenue - Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Web site catalog at - www.woodentoy.com
email - email@example.com